For the past week I’ve been experimenting with pancake recipes (and no, I’m not complaining AT ALL). And so, I think I’ve found a way to make high-protein and healthy pancakes that taste great!
What we’ll need:
- 100 grams of oats
- 40 grams of vegan protein (I’ve used the Sunwarrior chocolate one)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 spoon (or 35 grams) of peanut butter
- 200ml of unsweetened soymilk
- 1 banana
How we’ll make it:
- Start blending the oats. After that, place the milk, the peanut butter, the baking powder, the protein powder and then the flour into the blender in that order (this way the flour doesn’t get stuck at the bottom!).
- Blend everything and add some water if you think it’s too thick.
- Heat a pan with a little bit of oil (I sprayed some olive oil) and then pour some of the mix. Immediately add some banana slices.
- Let it cook and toast it! Repeat till you go through the whole mix.
- If you, like me, like pretty food: get creative with the decoration. I’ve decorated it with some vegan nutella, tahini and raw coconut chips!
Let’s talk about macros, baby:
This recipe is quite high in protein. I’ve tracked everything into My Fitness Pal so I could let you know accurately the nutritional facts. It has 880 calories and the macros are 55 grams of protein, 30 grams of fat and 105 grams of carbohydrates.
I hope you try this recipe and you enjoy it as much as I did. I honestly think that it could work for two people because whenever I’ve had these pancakes I’ve been full for many many hours!